‘I wish he came earlier’ – Fabregas loving Jorginho role under Maurizio Sarri

Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas has spoken of his anguish in not having the opportunity to work under Maurizio Sarri earlier in his career.

Sarri, 59, has made an instant impact in west London with the Blues currently enjoying an unbeaten run across all competitions under the Italian tactician.

The former banker has won six and drawn two in the Premier League, masterminded a admirable victory over Liverpool in the Football League Cup and clinched two 1-0 wins in the Europa League group stages.

Fabregas, who has only started in cup competitions under Sarri, has now spoken in awe of the former Napoli coach, praising the Italian’s tactical approach.

“I feel sensations under Sarri that I never thought I would feel again,” said Fabregas (via Football Italia).

“I wish he came a bit earlier, to be honest. It’s a little bit late now in my career. Definitely I’m very happy with him.”

The seasoned midfielder has worked under the stewardship of some of the finest tacticians in the modern era, including Arsene Wenger at Arsenal, Pep Guardiola at Barcelona and Jose Mourinho at Chelsea.

Despite this, the Spaniard has claimed that should he choose to go down the managerial route after his playing career, he would take inspiration from Sarri and his style of play.

He added: “Everything goes through me. This is what I like. Touching the ball 100 times, all the play going through me or Jorginho is a very important role for him. I’m learning it. I’m very passionate about it as it’s very interesting.

“The way he sees football is something that maybe in the future if I become a Coach I think I’ll do something very similar. It’s what I like and how I see football.

“I’m really looking forward to working for a long time with him.”

Sarri continued his unbeaten run with a convincing 3-0 victory against Southampton on Sunday afternoon; after the international break they next face Manchester United.

The post ‘I wish he came earlier’ – Fabregas loving Jorginho role under Maurizio Sarri appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2E3XaYf

No comments:

Post a Comment