James Wilson is considering leaving Man Utd for good

Manchester United striker James Wilson has admitted that he is considering leaving the club for good after completing yet another loan move away.

Wilson has agreed to join Scottish Premiership side Aberdeen in their quest to close the gap with current champions Celtic after Wilson’s place within the United squad wasn’t assured.

The young striker has been with the Old Trafford club since he was a youth player way back in 2002, before breaking into the United first-team in 2014, scoring twice on his debut against Hull City.

Since then, however, the 22-year-old has had no less than four loan spells away from the club, learning his trade at Brighton & Hove Albion, Derby County, Sheffield United and now Aberdeen.

Speaking to reporters, Wilson admitted that his latest move is a fantastic opportunity to put himself in the shop window for potential clubs, with one eye on a permanent move away from United next summer.

Wilson told BT Sport: “I’ve not [spoken to Mourinho] directly but obviously he doesn’t see me in his plans for this year so the right move was to come on loan and Aberdeen was the right place.

“I want as many minutes as possible and as many goals as possible, but I am in my final year at Man United and I’m looking to put myself in the shop window. But obviously short term I want to help the team do well.

“Since I spoke to a few people about the club, they have mentioned the big names that have come here and done well and gone back to their clubs and gone stride for stride with the lads who are already in the team.

“It was a big factor in me coming here to develop my career.

“The coverage that the Scottish league is getting at the minute is really good, one in every three games is on TV. The crowds here are the same as you’d get in a Championship game, and overall I just think it was the right move.”

Wilson could be in line to make his Aberdeen debut this weekend when the Dons face St. Mirren at home on Saturday.

The post James Wilson is considering leaving Man Utd for good appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2Ms60BL

No comments:

Post a Comment