Eden Hazard says his Ballon d’Or plan depends on leaving Chelsea for La Liga

Chelsea forward Eden Hazard has admitted he may have to leave the club for La Liga to fulfil his dreams of winning the Ballon d’Or.

Hazard has two years remaining on his current deal with the London club, with it set to end in 2020 and no deal yet in place over a renewal.

The Belgian has started the current season in superb form under new manager Maurizio Sarri and is the Premier League’s top scorer with seven goals in eight games so far.

In the past, Hazard had been linked with a move to La Liga with Real Madrid in particular the favourites for his signature, with the Belgian going as far as admitting he wanted to leave Chelsea for Spain after the World Cup.

And, despite confirming he would not be leaving Chelsea in the January transfer window, Hazard has admitted a move to La Liga may be required for him to win the Ballon d’Or.

“That’s why I want to go, maybe,” he said, when the fact of La Liga’s dominance in Ballon d’Or winners was mentioned by reporters.

When asked if that move might happen in January, Hazard simply replied: “No.”

Hazard also backed himself, when asked, as the best player in the world right now thanks to his barnstorming start to the season with Chelsea, but admitted he can still improve.

“Yes,” he added, when asked if he was the best player in the world.

“We can always improve in football. We can score more goals, more assists. The team is helping me a lot also. I can improve for sure.”

The quotes come just days after Hazard admitted he wakes up sometimes and thinks about leaving, with Real Madrid close on his mind.

“Sometimes in my head, I wake up in the morning and think I want to go,” he said (via the Guardian).

“Sometimes I think I want to stay. It is a hard decision. It is my future. I am 27 and I will turn 28 in January.”

“That’s why I spoke after the World Cup and I said that I think it is time to change because I played a great World Cup.

“I am really in the game, I am playing good football at the moment.

“Real Madrid is the best club in the world. I don’t want to lie today. It is my dream since I was a kid. I was dreaming about this club. We will see. I don’t want to talk about this every day.

“I don’t have time but we will talk about my future soon. I think so.”

Hazard is currently on international duty with Belgium as the Red Devils get set to face Switzerland in the Uefa Nations League on Friday before taking on the Netherlands in a friendly next Tuesday.

The post Eden Hazard says his Ballon d’Or plan depends on leaving Chelsea for La Liga appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2IR56L1

No comments:

Post a Comment