Marko Arnautovic admits he has been playing with a knee injury

Marko Arnautovic has admitted he has been playing for West Ham United with a knee injury and will continue through the pain for Austria.

The forward, who has successfully moved into a central role for West Ham after previously playing on the wing, has scored four goals in seven Premier League appearances so far this season.

However, Arnautovic suffered a knee injury during the Hammers’ 3-1 win at Everton last month, which he has been playing with ever since.

The 29-year-old has been called up by Austria for matches against Northern Ireland and Denmark this week, and he insists he will be able to play a part despite his knee problem.

“The knee is not the best but I am fit and I can play. I’m not training a lot at West Ham to try and [make] my knee calm,” Arnautovic said (via Sky Sports).

“It is going to take some time as I have some inflammation in my bone but I am always ready to play on the weekend.

“After a game I need some rest for about two or three days. By the middle of the week I am training normally with the team, training in full.

“And on the weekend I can play, that is the most important thing. Obviously you can’t do anything on this bone bruise.”

Ready for Tottenham

Arnautovic scored 11 goals in 31 Premier League games last season, making 2017/18 his best-ever goalscoring campaign – he found the net 11 times in 34 league matches for Stoke City in 2015/16.

The former Werder Bremen star has played 72 times for Austria, scoring 19 goals including three in five appearances this year.

West Ham will be hoping his knee injury isn’t worsened by playing for Austria ahead of a London derby against a Jan Vertonghen-less Tottenham after the international break.

“I’m ready for every game,” Arnautovic added. “I’m ready for Northern Ireland and afterwards back at West Ham my focus will be on Tottenham.”

Austria face Northern Ireland in the UEFA Nations League on Friday.

The post Marko Arnautovic admits he has been playing with a knee injury appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2A4MEM5

No comments:

Post a Comment