Alisson explains how Roberto Firmino sold Liverpool move to him

The world’s most expensive goalkeeper, Alisson, has revealed how Brazil teammate Roberto Firmino convinced him to join Liverpool.  

Alisson, 25, completed a sensational £56m switch from Roma to Anfield last week, smashing the previous benchmark after Ederson joined Manchester City for £35m last summer.

The arrival of the Brazilian shot-stopper has been met with a massive sigh of relief on Merseyside with the Reds having struggled for consistency between the sticks for a number of seasons.

And having spent time together at the World Cup in Russia, Alisson has now explained how new club teammate and Brazilian compatriot Firmino influenced his decision.

“I spoke to him before things really started to happen,” said Alisson (via Sky Sports). “When the negotiations became official I spoke to him and only heard good things about the club and the city. He feels really at home here.

“He’s loved by the fans and popular with his team-mates. He said if I were to come, I’d be really happy as well.”

The former Roma goalkeeper also revealed how he spoke with Ederson before signing for Liverpool, as well as all the Brazilian players in Russia that currently ply their trade in the Premier League.

He added: “I actually spoke to all the national team players who play in the Premier League, asking what the league is like and the style of play. It’s one thing watching it on the TV, but being involved in it every day is another thing.

“I only heard good things. If not the biggest, it’s one of the biggest leagues in the world. It’s very competitive and I find that exciting.”

Alisson will be hoping to improve all aspects of his game and he believes Anfield is the perfect destination to hone his craft and justify why he is the most expensive goalkeeper ever.

He continued: “I look to work on all aspects of my game, always aiming for perfection.

“I’m quick to come off my line. I’m agile despite being tall. I’ve got good agility and strength in my legs.

“With the ball at my feet, I like to get involved in the play. I think my style will fit in very well here.”

Liverpool lock horns with West Ham on August 12 at Anfield to kick start their Premier League campaign.

The post Alisson explains how Roberto Firmino sold Liverpool move to him appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2OcF1sj

No comments:

Post a Comment