Marco Borriello: I want to take Ibiza to La Liga so DJs play the club anthem

Former Roma and AC Milan striker Marco Borriello has explained his transfer to Segunda Division B side UD Ibiza and says he wants to take his new club to La Liga.

Borriello, 36, completed his move to Spain’s third division in August having spent the vast majority of his career playing his club football in Italy.

UD Ibiza were only founded in 2015, but Borriello has defended his move to the party island and says he has a genuine determination to help his side reach La Liga in the coming years.

“I know there was a lot of irony about my choice, but I do not care because I think that in order to judge before you must know the strong link between this land and me,” he told Italian media (via Marca).

“I love football and I still play it with great seriousness and professionalism, but here I also have the mission to help give back to this island part of what it has given to me.

“For people, Ibiza means discos, fun, easy women, but my challenge is to take Ibiza to the top, right up to La Liga.

“President (Amadeo) Salvo’s project involved me just when I was thinking of moving to New York, where I bought a new house.

“Now I dream that the anthem of the club will be played by the most important DJs in the world, who play here often, to give the island the only thing that it is missing: a sport attraction.

“Those who come to Ibiza will want to stay here to live and explore this island and, as you can see, my house is far from the nightclubs and surrounded by nature.”

Borriello’s remarkable career has seen him represent 13 different clubs in Italy and he also had a brief stint in England with West Ham in 2014.

His most successful spells in Italy came with Genoa, Roma and Milan and the last club he represented in his homeland was Serie A side SPAL.

The post Marco Borriello: I want to take Ibiza to La Liga so DJs play the club anthem appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2xj8HNy

No comments:

Post a Comment