Manchester United midfielder Fred claims Manchester City and PSG wanted to sign him this summer

Manchester United‘s latest midfield addition Fred has revealed the reasons why he chose to sign for Jose Mourinho’s side this summer, and says Manchester City and PSG were also interested in securing his services.

The former Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder was heavily tipped to join Manchester City in January but a deal never materialised, with United ultimately swooping in before this summer’s World Cup.

The 25-year-old has now explained to reporters (via the Daily Star) why he ended up moving to Old Trafford in June.

He said: “There were options in England and in Europe.

“Manchester City, PSG, but I chose United. I spoke to my agent Gilberto Silva, who played for Arsenal.

“He told me that United was a huge club. I spoke to my family and friends.

“When I said United, I saw their faces. I’m sure that I made the right choice. I want to play in and win the Premier League, the best league in the world.

“I had a proposal from China too, but I didn’t want to go there because I wanted to join United.”

Assessing Fred’s start to life at United

The Brazil midfielder made his first league start in Friday’s season opener against Leicester City, which the Red Devils won 2-1.

He lined up alongside Andreas Pereira and Paul Pogba, with Nemanja Matic expected to return to the side once he has recovered from injury.

Many believe that the addition of Fred to United’s midfield will see Paul Pogba given more freedom in Mourinho’s team.

It was a busy debut for Fred, who covered a lot of ground and was involved in a heated exchange with Leicester’s new signing James Maddison, which resulted in a yellow card for both players.

He is expected to feature for United again when they take on Brighton & Hove Albion at the AMEX Stadium on Sunday.

The post Manchester United midfielder Fred claims Manchester City and PSG wanted to sign him this summer appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2Bh9V07

No comments:

Post a Comment