“On another day I would have scored a hat-trick!” | Squawka Football

Harry Kane has suggested he should have got a hat-trick in Spurs’ Premier League game at Wembley against Fulham, after finally scoring in August for the first time in his career. 

The England striker finished smartly to make it 2-0 on the day after Erik Lamela, who made a 40-yard run with the ball, found Kane in the box.

And Kane, 25, admits he might have scored a hat-trick if some of his other chances, one of which hit the cross-bar, had gone in.

“It feels nice to score. It is a great win for us,” Kane told BBC Sport.

“I had a few chances and I would have liked to have done better, but I was there to score the third.

“I can put it in the back of my mind now. A lot of people talked about it. It always seemed to happen in August for me. I could have probably had a hat-trick today on another day.”

Spurs 3-1 win against Fulham means they still have a 100% record at the start of the 2018-19 season, with two wins in two, despite fears over fitness after nine Tottenham players reached the semi-finals of the World Cup.

“I thought we played really well and we created a lot of chances,” continued Kane. “But credit to Fulham and only after about 60 minutes did we start to take it into more dangerous areas.

“It looked like it would be one of those days for me, but that is the game of a striker.

“We have been playing with each other for a long time, this team. The gaffer has said he is not going to just bring in players for the sake of it. It is a good start with two wins out of two.”

Spurs take on Man United at Old Trafford next Monday.

The post “On another day I would have scored a hat-trick!” | Squawka Football appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2BzkzQ4

No comments:

Post a Comment