Recent Man City arrival Daniel Arzani joins Celtic on two-year loan deal

Celtic have confirmed the signing of Austrailian international Daniel Arzani on a two-year loan from Manchester City.

The 19-year-old only joined Man City from their sister club, Melbourne City, earlier this month but now follows in the same footsteps of fellow City loanee Patrick Roberts, now at Girona, who is also a left-footed winger to spend two years enhancing his reputation at Parkhead.

Arzani was the youngest player at this year’s World Cup in Russia and, in an interview on Celtic’s official website, he said: “Celtic is a massive club with a great history and one of the best followings in the world, so I’m looking forward to getting started.

“The idea was put to me to come to Celtic and work with Brendan Rodgers, and it was something I was very interested in doing, and when it became a reality, I was very excited.

“I’ve had a couple of chats with the manager, more about when I’m coming and when I’ll get started, but I’ll have more chats with him after I settle into the club. But, for me, it’s about coming here, doing the best that I can and helping the club as much as possible.”

Arzani also said that Celtic midfielder, and fellow Austrailian, Tom Rogic was a key part of his move to the club, adding: “I gave Tom a call and had a chat with him about the club and everything was positive.

“Basically he said to me that if it wasn’t so good, he wouldn’t have signed an extension to stay at Celtic Park. Apparently, playing in front of the Celtic fans is absolutely amazing and I’m really excited about that.”

Celtic face Partick Thistle tomorrow in an attempt to get their season back on track following their Champions League exit to AEK Athens earlier this week.

The post Recent Man City arrival Daniel Arzani joins Celtic on two-year loan deal appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2OCWpWc

No comments:

Post a Comment