Cristiano Ronaldo: The reason I joined Juventus | Squawka Football

Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo says he joined the club in order to win the Champions League.

The Portuguese put forward that the main reason he joined the Italian giants was to win Europe’s elite competition whether ‘it’s this year, next year or the year after that’.

Ronaldo has won five Champions League titles during his career and the former Manchester United and Real Madrid superstar is ready to claim his sixth victory in the competition with Juve.

Speaking to DAZN via Football Italia, the Juventus forward said:

“I want to win the Champions League with Juventus.”

“We’ll focus on that, with my teammates, but without obsessing over it. We’ll go step by step and then we’ll see: if it’s this year, next year or the year after that…

“The objective for the club is to win the League, Coppa Italia and, of course, do our best in the Champions League.”

The 33-year-old was then asked about his son, Cristiano Jr.

“He’s very competitive. He’s like me as a child. He doesn’t like losing,” he continued.

“He’ll become like me, I’m 100 percent sure of it. I’d like to teach him some things, but ultimately he will choose what to do and he’ll always have my support.

“But of course, I’d like him to become a player because I think he has a passion for it too.”

Juventus splashed out of the signing of Ronaldo this summer, bringing the player to the peninsula for a fee reportedly in the region of €100m – the highest fee paid for a player over 30-years-old.

He was in the team as Juventus made a winning start to the new campaign, beating Chievo Verona 3-2 at the Bentegodi thanks to an injury time winner from Bernardeschi.

The Champions face Lazio at home in their next game scheduled for August 25.

The post Cristiano Ronaldo: The reason I joined Juventus | Squawka Football appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2o1Yz6O

No comments:

Post a Comment