Sir Alex Ferguson ‘taught me everything’ – Cristiano Ronaldo

Cristiano Ronaldo has admitted his former boss at Man United Sir Alex Ferguson taught him”everything”.

Ronaldo, 33, now plies his trade in Italy’s Serie A with new club Juventus, after spending nine years at Real Madrid.

However prior to his tenure with Los Blancos, where he won two La Ligas, two Copa Del Reys and four Champions Leagues among other titles, the Portuguese forward spent six years at Old Trafford under the tutelage of Ferguson, winning three Premier Leagues, two League cups, one Champions League and an FA Cup trophy.

And Ronaldo, who has since gone on to lift the European Championship trophy with Portugal as well as five Ballon d’Ors, was nothing but glowing in his praise of the influence the Scot had on his development as a young footballer.

Ferguson is widely regarded as one of the best British football managers to have worked in the game.

“Of course, in the beginning of my career he was so important to me because I moved from Sporting to Manchester and I had that Portuguese mentality – too many stepovers, decision-making was not the best,” Ronaldo said, via Evening Standard.

“So he taught me how to do it. You know, in the Premier League they don’t fall over so easy, they are tough.

“As I’ve said many, many times, he taught me everything. He was like a father to me. He helped me a lot at Manchester United.”

Ronaldo’s old side Man United take on Spurs at home on Monday in what is already looking like a crucial game for the Red Devils – current manager Jose Mourinho has come in for some early pressure due to his team’s dour performances and a 3-2 loss to Brighton at the weekend.

Meanwhile, Juventus take on Lazio on Saturday, in what will be Ronaldo’s first performance in front of the Old Lady home crowd.

The post Sir Alex Ferguson ‘taught me everything’ – Cristiano Ronaldo appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2MuHpgK

No comments:

Post a Comment