“I want to be top goalscorer of the Premier League” | Squawka Football

Everton winger Richarlison has set his sights on winning the Golden Boot this season. 

The 21-year-old has so far struck three times this season and hopes to ultimately take the award off current holder Mohamed Salah, who scored 32 Premier League goals last.

Richarlison scored two on his league debut for the Toffees in their win over Wolves and then struck again in their 2-1 win over Southampton on Saturday.

And now he is hoping to outscore every player this term, though he will face stiff competition from the likes of Harry Kane, Salah and Sergio Aguero.

“I feel more prepared, I already know the rhythm and style of the Premier League, which helps me on the way to the achievements,” the 21-year-old told UOL, via Goal.

“I want to be the top scorer of the league, take Everton back to the Champions League and reach the Brazilian national team.”

Richarlison was overlooked by Brazil boss Tite when he picked his squad for the upcoming friendlies against the USA and El Salvador last Friday.

“I was anxious during the call-ups on Friday. I watched with a lot of expectation, but sadly it wasn’t this time,” he said.

“Even so, I’m still hopeful and I want to be prepared if the opportunity arrives in the future.”

Similarly to Richarlison, Alvaro Morata has pledged to score 30 goals for Chelsea this season, though it’s unclear as yet whether either player can produce those sorts of numbers over a domestic campaign.

Everton take on Bournemouth away on Saturday in the Premier League.

The post “I want to be top goalscorer of the Premier League” | Squawka Football appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2NbQaIZ

No comments:

Post a Comment