Jeff Reine-Adelaide ready to explode after complicated Arsenal spell

Jeff Reine-Adelaide says he is ready to “explode” onto the Ligue 1 scene following his permanent move from Arsenal this summer.

The 20-year-old French midfielder ended his association with the Gunners by relocating to Angers and penning a four-year contract.

Since emerging in north London, opportunities at the Emirates Stadium were limited, with Reine-Adelaide initially joining Angers on loan, but he is now ready to make an impact in one of Europe’s big five leagues.

“It was hard for me to stay three years there, knowing that I was almost never playing and that I only participated in training,” he told France Football.

“It was a very complicated situation. It was not easy to leave Arsenal but the loan I made here last season from February to May weighed heavily. It’s a family club here, I needed that.

“I’m not arriving into unknown territory,” he added. “I’m entering a new phase. I’m not a prospect’ anymore. I’m not that 17-year-old kid that arrived at Arsenal with a lot of potential.

“This is my time to breakthrough, explode, to show Ligue 1 my talent and what I’m capable of.”

Nominally a central midfielder, but can also play further forward as an attacking midfielder or out wide, Reine-Adelaide played no fewer than eight times for the Gunners since joining them from French second division club RC Lens in 2015.

However, all eight appearances have exclusively come in the domestic cup competitions totalling 383 minutes, with the most he accumulated in a single game coming in their comfortable EFL Cup win at Nottingham Forest (0-4) in September 2016 where he played 83 minutes.

Reine-Adelaide, who grew up in Champigny-sur-Marne, a commune in the southeastern suburbs of Paris, joined Angers on loan in January, before making the switch permanent, and to date has played 10 times under manager Stephane Moulin.

The post Jeff Reine-Adelaide ready to explode after complicated Arsenal spell appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2mYXMCO

No comments:

Post a Comment