Leonardo Bonucci: I’ll understand if Juventus fans boo me

Leonardo Bonucci say he understands that his return to Juventus from AC Milan might not be well received by fans.

In July 2017 the now 31-year-old centre-back signed for Milan for €42 million, but just over a year later he’s made a return to the Old Lady in a swap deal involving Mattia Caldara, who spent last season on loan with Atlanta.

Milan are Juventus’ long-time rivals in Serie A and Bonucci may struggle to win back the hearts of Juve’s supporters, something the defender is aware of.

“I understand the fans, I respect them,” said Bonucci, according to Goal.

“I’ll accept the whistling and booing. It’s up to me to transform that all into applause.

“Juventus have been everything to me over the years. I grew up a lot here and the club always supported me. I left a year ago with a handshake and hug with the president.

“Now I feel like I’ve grown as a man in this year. I need to kick on again as a footballer. I have the fortune of playing with world-class stars. I’ll defend the Bianconeri colours as I did before.”

Bonucci added: “I’ve understood that the decisions made in anger are not the right ones, but I have the fortune to be back home where I feel I belong.”

Bonucci, who has been dubbed “Beckenbonucci” by the Italian press, a reference to former German sweeper Franz Beckenbauer, is celebrated around the world for his abilities as a player. Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola once described him as one of his “favourite ever players”.

A former midfielder, Bonucci has become renowned for launching attacks from the back with long passes and is equally known for the solid defensive work he has displayed over his 319 appearances for the Bianconeri.

Juventus play Chievo in their opening game of the 2018-19 Serie A season.

The post Leonardo Bonucci: I’ll understand if Juventus fans boo me appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2BdnaPx

No comments:

Post a Comment