Paul Pogba explains why he took the penalty vs. Leicester instead of Alexis Sanchez

Paul Pogba said that United “don’t really have one penalty taker” after taking one of Alexis Sanchez in their 2-1 win over Leicester City on Friday.

The 25-year-old French World Cup winner converted the penalty early on in United’s Premier League opening-game win when it seemed that Alexis Sanchez would be the man to take it.

And, when asked about it after the game, Pogba explained to Sky Sports: “We don’t really have one. Even if the manager puts down the names, it’s about how we feel.

“I decided to take it – I was one of the names – but maybe next time I can leave it to Alexis, it’s not a problem.”

Jose Mourinho made it 18 opening day games without defeat as a manager and surprised many by handing Pogba the captain’s armband.

However, it was the Frenchman’s bizarre run-up that raised more eyebrows after the game.

On the strange penalty-taking technique, Pogba said: “It’s my style of taking penalties, I’ve always done it. I know it’s long, I know it can disturb the goalkeeper but the most important thing is for the ball to go in.

“If I miss, I know what I can hear after that.”

Man Utd will be hoping to make it two wins from two when they face Brighton away on Sunday the 19th of August.

The post Paul Pogba explains why he took the penalty vs. Leicester instead of Alexis Sanchez appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2vCQsl6

No comments:

Post a Comment