Mkhitaryan on life at Arsenal: “I’m enjoying myself more here than I was in Manchester”

Henrikh Mkhitaryan says he’s enjoying life at Arsenal which is a contrast to his time with Manchester United.

The 29-year-old Armenian forward joined the Red Devils from Borussia Dortmund in the summer of 2016, for a reported £30m, but ended his stay earlier this year, by relocating to north London.

The transfer was the result of Mkhitaryan falling down the pecking order at Old Trafford, with some believing there was a clash of styles with manger Jose Mourinho, which he’s since alluded to.

“Arsenal have always played offensive football,” he told reporters (via Goal).

“Under Jose, the [United] team was playing a bit differently. But I’m not blaming anyone, I’m not criticising anyone, it’s just a different philosophy.

“I can just say I’m enjoying myself more here than I was in Manchester.”

How Mkhitaryan fared under Mourinho

Mkhitaryan, as mentioned, joined the Red Devils in the summer of 2016 following Mourinho’s appointment as Louis van Gaal’s successor.

In fact, the former Borussia Dortmund man was his third major signing after Eric Bailly and Zlatan Ibrahimovic, with Paul Pogba following soon after.

He would ultimately feature 63 times under Mourinho, registering 13 goals and creating a further 11 for his teammates.

Of those 13 strikes, the majority (6) came in United’s successful Europa League run during the 2016/17 season, with Mkhitaryan scoring in their 2-0 final win over Ajax.

Since moving to Arsenal he’s made 17 appearances in all competitions bagging three goals and six assists.

The post Mkhitaryan on life at Arsenal: “I’m enjoying myself more here than I was in Manchester” appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2mJo8sp

No comments:

Post a Comment