Fulham confirm signing of Andre Schurrle on two-season loan deal

Fulham have announced the signing of Borussia Dortmund winger Andre Schurrle on a two-season loan deal.

Schurrle, 27, will ply his trade at Craven Cottage for the next two seasons and will wear the No.14 shirt – the number he wore during his previous spell in west London with Chelsea.

The World Cup winner flew to London on Tuesday night and completed his medical this afternoon as the club secured his services despite intense interest from a number of Premier League clubs.

The Germany international was allowed to leave Dortmund’s tour of the United States – where they are currently competing in the International Champions Cup – and fly across the Atlantic to discuss personal terms with the newly-promoted side.

Schurrle has enjoyed previous success on English soil, winning the Premier League title during the 2014/15 season with the Blues, though he would only last a season and a half at Stamford Bridge before joining Wolfsburg in 2015.

After signing, Schurrle told fulhamfctv: “I’m so happy to be here, I can’t wait to get started. Fulham were the first club that showed interest in me – that was something that I appreciated a lot, and one of the reasons I wanted to come here.

“I love ball possession, I love attacking, and I love making runs, so I think it could be perfect. I have to fight for my place and I have to show my quality so that I can be a member who really helps the team.”

Fulham co-owner Tony Khan also revealed his delight with the signing of Schurrle, lauding his past experience and ability on the pitch.

He said: “I’m thrilled to announce that the Fulham Football Club has signed André Schürrle on loan from Borussia Dortmund.

“André has been a top target for us, as he has for other clubs throughout Europe, so I’m very happy that our pursuit was successful.

“He has vast experience, having played in the Premier League, the Bundesliga and with the German National Team, including the squad that won the World Cup in 2014.

“We’re ecstatic that we have reached an agreement to add André, given his impeccable credentials and his tremendous skill, and can’t wait to see him in Fulham colours. Come on Fulham!”

Manager Slavisa Jokanovic has already welcomed some impressive signings at Craven Cottage, including midfield marvel Jean Michael Seri and his Nice teammate Maxime Le Marchand.

The post Fulham confirm signing of Andre Schurrle on two-season loan deal appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2LQAVo6

No comments:

Post a Comment