Jorginho highlights the difference between England and Italy

Chelsea and Italy midfielder Jorginho has revealed the difference between English and Italian football.

Jorginho made the move from Serie A runners-up Napoli to the west London club this summer after the two sides agreed upon a £57 million deal, according to the Independent.

The move saw him follow in the footsteps of new Chelsea coach Maurizio Sarri who also left the Italian side for the Premier League club this summer, following the sacking of former Premier League title winner Antonio Conte.

Jorginho has impressed so far in his Blues career, looking comfortable in possession and showcasing his ability on and off the ball.

And the 26-year-old has revealed the main difference between the two footballing cultures is the rhythm and physicality of the Premier League being far greater, but he still misses the better weather, food and friends he left back in his native country.

Speaking at a press conference (via Football Italia) before Italy’s Nations League match against Poland on Friday, Jorginho said: “My transfer to Chelsea was the choice made by both sides.

“We agreed for my good and that of the two clubs. Sarri was important to me, he has his habits and is working to change things, but he’s doing well and the results speak for that.

“The differences between the Premier League and Serie A? You have to experience it to understand, there’s a training centre with 38 football pitches and I think even that tells you a lot.

“Serie A is still a beautiful and exciting league though, one that is followed all over the world. Cristiano Ronaldo’s arrival has been even more beneficial, and I hope I can go back one day.

“There’s a difference in the rhythm and physicality in the Premier League, I’m getting along well. I like it, the games are played at a high tempo. The Premier League is beautiful.

“As for Naples, a place like that is beautiful. I miss the sun, the food, my friends and the warmth of the people.

“I spent some wonderful years at Napoli and I’ll always be in love with that team.”

The post Jorginho highlights the difference between England and Italy appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2NTrAg7

No comments:

Post a Comment