Julian Draxler denies Bayern approach

Paris Saint-Germain winger Julian Draxler has denied rumours that Bayern Munich made an approach for him in the summer, but didn’t completely dismiss a move in the future. 

Draxler joined PSG from Wolfsburg in January 2017 and has gone on to score 15 goals in 75 games for the French champions since.

However, with the likes of Neymar and Kylian Mbappe to contend with, Draxler has struggled so far this season only playing 32 minutes of Ligue 1 football in three substitute appearances.

It had been rumoured in the summer that German giants Bayern Munich had made contact with PSG about a possible move for Draxler, but the player has dismissed that.

He told Sport1 (via Goal): “Bayern are by far the most successful club in Germany. Everything else is speculation, I’ve never had contact with an official from Bayern.”

However, when asked how he would react to an offer being made, Draxler refused to rule out at least considering a move.

He added: “I would neither categorically say no, nor would I just drop everything. But again, the question is not something to bring up now.”

Draxler believes that he is competing with the two best players in the world, Mbappe and Neymar, for his place in the side but that he will still get plenty of minutes on the pitch as the season goes on.

He continued: “Competition is high, especially in my position, with Mbappe and Neymar playing there, currently the two best players in the world – or at least the ones that I think will be in the future.

“The signs haven’t changed. I played 47, 48 games last season and am convinced I will play them this season as well. I like the club and the city. I feel comfortable there, and that’s why there was no reason for me to look for an opportunity [to leave].”

Draxler also ruled out a return to Schalke, the club where he first made his name, saying: “Schalke will be with me all my life, that’s clear, but a return was not a topic this summer.”

Despite his lack of playing time for PSG this season, Draxler has retained his place in the most recent Germany squad for their Uefa Nations League match against France and friendly with Peru.

The post Julian Draxler denies Bayern approach appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2wWbegi

No comments:

Post a Comment