Filipe Luis accuses Atletico Madrid of “lying” about him over PSG links

Brazilian left-back Filipe Luis has suggested Atletico Madrid lied about his behaviour following PSG’s interest in signing the Brazilian. 

Luis, 33, was the object of PSG’s interest near the end of the summer transfer window, but he ultimately didn’t leave the Spanish club, despite wanting to discuss the move with the Parisiens.

The Brazilian was one of a number of potential left-backs identified by PSG to solve their problem in that area, but they ultimately signed Juan Bernat from Bayern Munich instead.

And Luis, who admits he wanted the move, has hit back at Atleti’s claims that he tried to force a move.

“There was a chance to go to PSG,” he admitted to Globoesporte, via Goal. “I spoke to Atletico and asked them to let me go, just as they had released Gabi [who moved to Al Sadd] recently. The club said that it wasn’t the same situation, despite similar periods of time remaining on our contracts.

“In my situation, there was little time before the window closed and finding a replacement would have been difficult. When they said they did not want me to leave and they set a price that was not going to be paid, I accepted.

“They said that I tried to force a move, but it’s a lie. I’ve got history with Atletico and it made me sad. They tried to make my image worse at the club.”

However, the full-back doesn’t wish for his time at the club to be marred by the club’s claims, and said: “I’m in my eighth season with Atletico and I’ve played more than 300 games. I will not tarnish my legacy.”

Atleti haven’t made the best of starts to the new La Liga season and are currently 10th with four points after three games – their next game is against Eibar on September 15.

The post Filipe Luis accuses Atletico Madrid of “lying” about him over PSG links appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2wSy6wz

No comments:

Post a Comment