Trippier: I’ve watched Croatia goal back 100 times

England defender Kieran Trippier has revealed he has watched his World Cup semi-final goal against Croatia at least 100 times. 

The Three Lions had a fantastic summer in Russia as they competed at the World Cup, surprising many by going so far in the tournament, only to lose out to fellow Europeans Croatia at the semi-final stage.

Trippier initially put England ahead that evening with a fantastically struck free-kick but Croatia fought back and ran out 2-1 winners after taking the game to extra-time.

The 27-year-old impressed with his performances in Russia this summer and was one of Gareth Southgate’s stand-out performers throughout the tournament.

However, the Tottenham Hotspur full-back has revealed how he has watched back various moments of the competition, with one in particular stealing his attention on multiple occasions.

Speaking to reporters (via the Sun), Trippier said: “I’ve looked back at a couple of the games, not just the Croatia one.

“Obviously, it was frustrating to get knocked out in the semi-finals but we’re proud of ourselves as a team and how far we went in the World Cup.

“I analyse my games for club and country. I look at what I could have done better and learn. There are some mistakes I make in the games but I learn and put them right the next time in a big game.

“I’m not going to lie, I’ve watched the goal back about 100 times. I enjoyed that moment — but even now, it still hurts that we got beaten.”

England face Spain this Saturday in their first match in the Uefa Nations League, taking place at Wembley, before welcoming Switzerland to Leicester City’s King Power Stadium in a friendly.

The post Trippier: I’ve watched Croatia goal back 100 times appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2Cm5HES

No comments:

Post a Comment