Alisson rues Leicester error and says dribbling must be ‘last resort’

Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson has vowed to improve following his error in the club’s 2-1 win over Leicester City and says the whole team must learn from the mistake.

The Reds looked to be in cruise control when leading 2-0 at the King Power Stadium, only for Alisson to be dispossessed in his own box, leaving Rachid Ghezzal with a simple finish to get Leicester back into the game.

The home side’s pressing saw Virgil van Dijk fire an inaccurate pass in Alisson’s direction, but the former Roma goalkeeper was dispossessed in his own area and the Foxes capitalised.

Alisson admits he made ‘a bad mistake’ and has told ESPN Brasil (via the Evening Standard) that he is ‘angry’ with himself following the error.

He said: “It was a bad reaction to a mistake, a defensive mistake. The most important thing was we got the win.

“I am angry that I made a mistake that put the team in a difficult situation. When one person makes a mistake, it affects everyone and everyone fought back together.

“We have to improve still but the result is what matters at the moment.

“It was bad judgement. I made a mistake reading the play. I didn’t get a very good pass. We talked about that in the dressing room and I spoke to Virgil.

“It wasn’t a good pass but I could have just kicked it long.

“I wanted to keep playing and keep the possession. Now everyone is going to analyse that. I’m not going to be stupid and make the same mistake.

“We have to learn from our mistakes.”

Overconfidence from Alisson

Liverpool’s £68m summer signing is known for being very capable with the ball at his feet but has admitted that dribbling should be “a last resort.”

He added: “It is part of my game but I am not going to be arrogant to stand here and say I’m going to keep doing it. We have to learn from our mistakes.

“If it is necessary the dribble has to be the last resort. Unfortunately today it caused the goal. I actually think it was a foul but I don’t want to blame it on that.

“In the Premier League it’s not the kind of contact that results in a foul. It’s part of the game. I just have to make sure that doesn’t happen again.”

Fortunately for the Brazilian shot-stopper, Liverpool held on for the win and have now made it four wins from four. They next face an away trip to Spurs after the international break.

The post Alisson rues Leicester error and says dribbling must be ‘last resort’ appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2C8DMYZ

No comments:

Post a Comment