Griezmann: I’ll go to Miami if Beckham wants me

Antoine Griezmann has told Inter Miami co-owner David Beckham that if he wants him to join the newly formed MLS franchise, it will happen.

The 27-year-old French forward re-committed his long-term future to Atletico Madrid this summer following heavy speculation linking him with a move to Barcelona.

His new deal keeps him in the Spanish capital until June 2023, three years after Inter Miami start playing, but Griezmann has expressed his desire to see out his playing career across the Atlantic, with Miami a viable location.

“If Beckham wants me in his club then I’ll go,” he told L’Equipe.

“I want to finish my career in the US. I don’t know yet if it’s going to be in Miami or Los Angeles. Two great cities.

“I like the mentality and the show culture of the US.”

Allez Griez

Since joining from Real Sociedad in 2014, Griezmann has developed into an integral part of Diego Simeone’s Atleti.

To date, he’s managed 113 goals and 41 assists in 213 appearances, and enjoyed another productive season last season.

Across 49 matches in all competitions, the Macon-born forward scored 29 goals for Los Rojiblancos, helping them win the Europa League.

He also brought that form to Russia this summer, bagging four goals and creating a further two across seven matches, helping France secure a second World Cup crown in the process.

The post Griezmann: I’ll go to Miami if Beckham wants me appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2CyIBuI

No comments:

Post a Comment