Guardiola still unsure on De Bruyne’s return date

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has admitted he does not know when Kevin De Bruyne will return from injury.

The Belgian has been out since August having suffered ligament damage during a training session, making just one appearance at the start of the season coming off the bench in a 2-0 win over Arsenal.

De Bruyne was a key part in Man City’s title win last season, recording 16 assists in the Premier League and scoring eight goals.

And though City fans will be hoping De Bruyne can return to action soon, Guardiola admitted he is currently unable to provide a date.

“I don’t know about Kevin De Bruyne,” he told reporters (via Metro).

“I spoke with the doctors and he is telling me it’s going good and well but I don’t know.

“We will see. [It is] important that when he returns to pitch he is fully fit.”

Guardiola also provided an update on full-back Benjamin Mendy, who missed the win over Fulham last weekend and defeat to Lyon in the Champions League on Wednesday.

He added: “I don’t know [how long], he has a little bit of a problem in his bone. His ankle.”

De Bruyne hoping to be back for Manchester derby

Despite Guardiola’s uncertainty over De Bruyne’s return, the Belgian himself still harbours hope to be back in time for when City take on rivals Manchester United in November.

“I still need 3, 4, 5 weeks, but I’m getting there,” he said at the launch of EA Sports FIFA 19 (via Kristof Terreur).

“Hopefully I can be back soon, help the team and perform well. I’m hoping to be back after the next international break.

“I think I will be back for the derby.”

City are currently unbeaten in the Premier League, winning four of their opening five games, and next face newly-promoted Cardiff City on Saturday.

The post Guardiola still unsure on De Bruyne’s return date appeared first on Squawka News.



From Squawka NewsSquawka News https://ift.tt/2xwO8gG

No comments:

Post a Comment